(888) STLLAR1 or
Our comprehensive monitoring systems and internal procedures help ensure you and your identity is safe and protected from fraud. While StellarOne Bank or any other financial institution cannot guarantee that you will never fall victim to identity theft or fraud, we have safeguards in place to help you prevent, protect and restore…
StellarOne Bank provides all accountholders with the following Standard Identity & Fraud Safeguards:
Prevent – stop it before it happens:
- Client verification tools are in place to ensure your confidential information does not fall into the wrong hands. At account opening, we require proper identification to confirm the identity of all new clients. We may also check credit information to make sure there are no fraud warnings placed on credit reports.
- Continuous fraud monitoring systems can detect known fraudulent activity associated with your StellarOne accounts, including fraudulent checks, address changes, unauthorized drafts, foreign activity and heavy withdrawals.
- Your StellarOne Visa Check Card is protected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by a risk management system designed to detect and block suspicious behaviors in real-time.
- Adhere to strict privacy and security practices – you can request a copy of our Privacy Statement and Online Agreement at any time.
Protect – provide you with continuous monitoring:
- If fraudulent activity associated with your StellarOne account is suspected, a StellarOne associate will reach out to you to verify the activity.
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking clients are protected by a comprehensive monitoring system. Login authentication and real-time activity monitoring can immediately block fraudulent activity as it occurs to prevent you from financial loss.
Restore – help you fix it:
- StellarOne is committed to helping victims of fraud and/or identity theft. A StellarOne associate will work with you to remedy the situation. Depending on the nature of the fraud and/or identity theft, a StellarOne associate can help by:
- Canceling your lost, stolen or compromised StellarOne Visa Check Card and issuing you a new StellarOne Visa Check Card
- Closing your StellarOne accounts and reopening new accounts
- Provide you with the documentation you may need to file a police report or file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
What you can do:
- Verified by Visa – Shop securely online with your StellarOne Visa Check Card. StellarOne partnered with Visa to offer a free, simple-to-use service that confirms your identity with an extra password when you make an online transaction. Visit www.visa.com/vbv for more information.
- Online Banking Service – Banking online is a secure and convenient way to monitor your account activity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Balance Alerts – Sign up for balance alerts through your StellarOne Online Banking account to keep tabs on your account balance if it goes below or above any amount you specify.
- Request a copy of your credit report – To receive a copy of your credit report each year for free, visit www.AnnualCreditReport.com or call 877.322.8228. This is a secure site that provides you a copy of your credit report once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies – Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. A credit report can also be obtained directly from any of the three credit reporting companies for a small fee.
- Visit StellarOne.com/ProtectYourself.cfm for more tips, tools and resources.